Thursday 5 May 2011

In Too deep?

I have often wondered when you distinguish talent from something that was learnt.

How does one know that something you are attempting is the right course? You have the passion, the burning desire to make it a success but how? You are limited in your resources, how do you find the conviction to know whether you are making the right choices?

I have been dwindling with a new venture, in which I have very little experience but lots of passion. I am trying to find guidance and trying to learn as much as possible in order to succeed and have also been pushed hard into making this a success. This is also my dream, to be very good in my new venture, to make it a success, to have people requesting my services.

Now what I am wondering is, is passion and willingness to learn enough, to make something a success, or do you need actual talent?

Here are my thoughts: without other resources having the willingness to search for information and to have the passion for something, does allow a measure of success. Of course talent is not all that is required. Talent without passion is worthless. Passion without talent, well I believe you can learn technique, but will it be enough to rise above the rest?

I have committed to this venture and have even offered free services in order to gain experience, which I am hoping should compensate for the potential lack of talent.

I don’t believe that one must give up if you feel you are in too deep. On the contrary it gives me more motivation to prove not only to myself, that this is a possibility. We should not give up without knowing we have tried every avenue or contacted every person that could have input into our projects. Besides there is no such thing as failing, except when you fail to get back up.

So as my nerves are a bit on edge as I contemplate this further, know this – we all get in too deep, the question is can we get up and out of the deep waters without drowning? Like survival instincts, I believe that passion and determination will make you a success, though it may take a little longer than someone who has a natural talent for something.

Best of luck to all of you, in your daily lives and daily ventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment